Friday, September 23, 2011

Using "shamed" games

In my PE class I wouldn't use these "shamed" games. They are in the Hall of Shame for a reason. I feel that games like dodgeball, red rover, or tag don't teach kids the fundamentals. When it comes to actually playing these games, not everybody is active. For example, if we are playing dodgeball the weakest kids are going to be the ones who get out first. After they get out what do they do? They sit or stand on the sidelines until they can get back in. Its called physical education for a reason. These games do not keep the students actively engaged in class. I do however believe that these "shamed" are fun, I remember playing them in grade school. Looking back I realize how inactive kids were in PE class. These games are not meant for PE.

No comments:

Post a Comment